Hot Topics

Laptop website returns policy 30 days

jofolww 17:15 11 Jan 2020

I purchased from click here they stated on their website free returns, i requested returns within 30 days however they said the free returns is within 14 days, am i obliged to pay the returns cost?

wee eddie 18:12 11 Jan 2020

There is no mention of 14 days here. Refunds only 30 days

HondaMan 21:34 11 Jan 2020

Just refer them firmly to their published conditions

Menzie 22:52 11 Jan 2020

In the Terms they have noted the following regarding information on the site.

We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current.

Further down it says:

We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site.

It sounds like you're going to have an uphill battle getting them to shift their stance.

jofolww 22:58 11 Jan 2020

Hi I have just spoke to live chat agent they will escalate, fingers crossed i get my returns label. will keep you updated

alanrwood 09:52 12 Jan 2020

I would say that those terms are unfair trading terms and could be challenged in court. If they publish details on which you rely for a purchase then they become part of the transaction and they can not change them retrospectively. If you are not successful go to your local trading Standards officer.

Gordon Freeman 18:24 12 Jan 2020

Note if you get fed up of waiting for a returns label DO NOT make your own and write FREEPOST on it , I wanted to do this with some unwanted books and the post office said it is an offence to make your own freepost labels.

Now, I would have thought that would have been obvious, even to the cat next door!! Crikey.

Forum Editor 22:31 12 Jan 2020

Follow alanrwoods advice and stress that you relied on published information when making the decision to purchase.

The published terms form part of your contract with the suppliers, and they cannot alter the terms of a contract without your consent, once it has been entered into.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)