Laptop recommendations

bmachy 11:03 08 Sep 2008

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new laptop for University in a few weeks. My course requires lots of Computing (computer course) so the monitor needs to be quite big. Plus I intend to do some casual gaming on it aswell so it needs to have a decent graphics card. I'm looking to spend up to £1,200.

I had a look at the HP HDX Dragon already but I'm still wondering if I can get a better machine. Also the laptop can be huge, as I have a netbook already (currently being repaired :( ), which I intend to use when in lectures and stuff.

Any advice is welcome.

P.s. Don't recommend a desktop because I have no room for it.

Clapton is God 12:28 08 Sep 2008

Just bought one of these click here for my younger daughter who also starts University in a couple of weeks. If you can cope with the abominable Vista, it's a good bit of kit.

Having personalised it to my preferred spec it cost just short of £1k including an all-in-one printer.

bmachy 12:49 08 Sep 2008

I taken a look at the Dell machines but the specs ain't what I'm looking for (even when upgraded). Also Dell don't take solo which is annoying.

Cheers for the advice though.

bmachy 02:13 09 Sep 2008

Going for HP Pavilion DV7. There specs are good plus, I think having a 20 inch HDX Dragon was being a bit silly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?