LaCie 200GB USB2 7200rpm HDD

Les 20:07 19 Oct 2005

Does anyone have any experience if the above, as regards reliability, speed, ease of use etc.
I want an external disk so that I can store an image of my computer hard disk (also 200gb) contents. Also, the hext program with which to do that.

genuinefake 20:37 19 Oct 2005

from what ive seen from lacie, their products seem very good...

puma22 20:43 19 Oct 2005

Got a Lacie 250mb from ebuyer last week. At the moment it seems brilliant. No set up needed, just plugged it in!
I did need to reformat to NTFS, but that was easy (someone on here kindly helped)

Starfox 21:57 19 Oct 2005

Bought one two years ago and it has worked fine from day one,no problems and very simple to set up and use.Go get one.

Les 23:13 19 Oct 2005

I have seen this brand time and time again - thnaks to your advice I will, indeed 'go get one', haven't decided where to get it from yet though!

Joe R 18:10 20 Oct 2005
  Les 20:24 24 Oct 2005

Thnaks Joe, but I have already bought the 250gb version from Dabs (£110 inc delivery).

Puma22: I wondered why XP couldn't find it - on reading the 'destructions' I realised that it had a tiny switch at the back - that on and there it was. Why do we always think that we don't need to ready manuals 8-)) Like you I formatted it for NTFS - just over 3/4 hr later it was ready for use. The USB lead is very short - presumably so that there is no degrading of the signal?

Les 16:51 25 Oct 2005

I'm sure that everyone reading the above will have taken note!

Now, I have my 25ogb disk and my intention was to use BOOTIT to make an image of my computer's C Drive contents. However, I seem to have 'lost it' in that I cannot make head nor tale of how this should be insyalled properly - despite reading the manual - either it is not clear - or - I have indeed 'lost it' meaning the old brain box has seized up and is not functioning properly anymore! 8-)) Has anyone installed this software successfully?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?