Hot Topics

The Know How Contact Information (Tech Guys)

RobCharles1981 16:57 25 Sep 2011

Hi I wonder if you can help me I'm not going to explain all the bells and whistles of this topic but I want to make a complaint to the The Know How guy in charge of the organization?

Thanks

RobCharles1981 10:24 09 Jan 2012

Thanks FE hope you can sort this out.

As said trying to get hold of the next of kin is proving useless.

Thanks

Rob

RobCharles1981 21:54 15 Jan 2012

Bump

RobCharles1981 20:09 06 Feb 2012

Bump I have emailed the F/E but not had a reply!

RobCharles1981 23:11 06 Feb 2012

I've tried to get this "death certificate" but nothing at all, the FE was going to help me out here and he promised he'd get back to me to sort this out for me.

spuds 10:28 07 Feb 2012

Looks like you might need to accept defeat on this, and put it all down to one of lives experiences.

Because if the deceased person's relatives are not going to assist you, and Dixon's Know How are sticking to the terms and conditions, then there's little more you can do!.

Its a case of a Gesture of Goodwill by all parties, and at present, you are totally reliant on that, and it doesn't appear to be working!.

RobCharles1981 12:54 04 Mar 2012

I've tried to contact the Forum Editor who said he will help me with this but where is he???

Forum Editor 13:09 04 Mar 2012

"I've tried to contact the Forum Editor who said he will help me with this but where is he???"

I'm here every day. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, it's very difficult to keep track of threads like this, and I'm afraid you slipped through my net. The best way is to email me when it's obvious that I've forgotten something.

To business....

Reading through your thread again it seem fairly clear that nobody has a contractual obligation to you in respect of this camera. The contract that existed between the original owner and the seller cannot be assigned to a third party (you) without the consent of someone who has a power of attorney, or without a letter from the previous owner's solicitor, plus a copy of the death certificate.

Frankly it would be best if you paid for the repair yourself - I cannot see you making progress in any other direction.

iscanut 17:21 04 Mar 2012

That's what I advised him to do 2 months ago !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei P40 Review

Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months

New iPhone SE could launch 'as early as today'

Les meilleures offres gratuites pendant la période de confinement