KEYBOARD FACE LIFT!

mbp 16:37 11 Sep 2004

The paint-on lettering on most keyboards wears off after a few months use. Where can I buy stick on lettering, please! Also, are there keyboards that have engraved on lettering?

€dstowe 16:44 11 Sep 2004

If you pay a little more for your keyboard, you may find the letters don't wear off.

I have an MS Natural keyboard that has been in regular heavy use since 2002 and it shows no sign of the letters disappearing.

Several of the other keyboards in my studio are of similar age and still perfectly OK.

mbp 17:21 11 Sep 2004

My Keyboard came with the original Hewlitt Parkard Pavilion computer. It does not speak so highly of HP then?

I am sure I saw somewhere that supplied stick on labels.

spuds 17:51 11 Sep 2004

Try Staples or Office World.

Sir Radfordin 19:06 11 Sep 2004

You must be using a very cheap keyboard. The one that came with my Mesh system 2+ years ago is still in near perfect condition and has typed a heck of a lot over the last few years. We've got keyboards at work that are around 10 years old still going strong.

Having a good keyboard can make a huge difference to the typing experience.

mbp 20:53 11 Sep 2004

Fortunately, I had learned to touch type and thus visual sighting of the actual letters is not that important to me except when I want to correct a single letter, and have to look for it specifically. I could always change it with my old keyboard when I upgraded this computer. yes I agree, a keyboard should last a few years without the letters wearing out.

mbp 20:55 11 Sep 2004

Fortunately, I had learned to touch type and thus visual sighting of the actual letters is not that important to me except when I want to correct a single letter, and have to look for it specifically. I could always change it with my old keyboard when I upgraded this computer. Yes I agree, a keyboard should last a few years without the letters wearing out. I will try a moan to HP to see what they say.

harps1h 00:04 12 Sep 2004

how long have you had the keyboard and who did you buy the computer from?

i have a friend who had the same prolem after a short space of time and he got a new one from his reseller.

and dare i say it on this forum.........
pc world. there it's out in the open they do give customer service.
oh! i've come over quite dizzy now...............

terminus 07:19 12 Sep 2004

with €dstowe on this one, Ms Natural pro. 3yrs old, out of date,works like a dream, cost a few quid at the time, but an hour with Mavis Beacon and it's worth every penny.

mbp 08:52 12 Sep 2004

I've had the keyboard just over a year, but it showed signs of wear long before now.

harps1h 12:17 12 Sep 2004

to be honest you should have looked about doing something about it before now, particularly when you first noticed the wear. :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?