Kazaa Gets Heavy at Lite

Confab 21:16 15 Sep 2003

Thought I would post this link here for anyone who didn't see it in the helproom. Yes I know its another Kazaa issue but it's worth a look.

click here

Seems they don't like their software being copied!!

Confab

GuyR 21:29 15 Sep 2003

amazing isn't it, they run a program to deliberately allow us to share + copy files(which is illegal) and just because some clever people can acces thier programm and modify it to run with a maximum speed rating permenantly they get all uppity.

I see there are lots of new sites springing up that will be legal e.g. buy the songs for <$1 a track, no doubt in the UK it will be £1 a track.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:58 15 Sep 2003

'Seems they don't like their software being copied'...surely I am not the only one to see the pure irony in this....note to self/ resist all urges to really rip into kazaa for teh double standards. Now they know how it feels to get ripped off.

'they run a program to deliberately allow us to share + copy files(which is illegal)'....not really, only if the material is copyright. ;-) Manufacturers sell knlives, if someone kills a person with one it does not mean the manufacturer is at fault. However Kazaa was written on the back of P2P progs, with only music/video files in mind.

G

G

G

Legolas 22:00 15 Sep 2003

Sharing or copying files is not illegal.

Sharing or copying copyrighted files without the owners permission is illegal.

Belatucadrus 22:37 15 Sep 2003

Not again I can't stand another P2P marathon.

Forum Editor 22:48 15 Sep 2003

Don't worry - we're not having one so soon after the last one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)