Hot Topics

John Lewis laptop/ tablet

Analopez 08:31 18 Jun 2017

Hello

My company bought me last year OCT 16, a new laptop from John Lewis. At the end of March, the power off, i couldn't switch on, so it was sent to back to JH for repair on the 4 of April.

Shortly after we received a call from JH, that it has turned on. But just in case my IT dept decided to leave it with JH for further investigations to understand what was wrong with it. After numerous chasing up, they have finally come back to us on the 01 of June,2 months later saying that the power socket has been damaged and it is not covered under guarantee. If we want it to repair it will cost £900, ( same value as the actual laptop/ tablet). I'm furious, is it legal ?? My purchasing dept, says it's my word against JH as to who has damaged it. How can after 2 months of having the laptop/tablet they are now saying that the power socket has been damaged and it's not under guarantee? Is it legal? Is there anything I can do?. Thanks everybody

alanrwood 18:07 26 Jun 2017

That really depends on what the problem actually is. A local repair agent may be able to confirm the diagnosis and repair it if it is just the power socket. If it is a cracked motherboard then this may not be the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €