I've said this so many times

Forum Editor 22:51 26 Jun 2003

but I'm quite happy to say it again.

If you have a thread or post deleted or locked, and you want to know why, use the 'contact moderator' button and ask - I always try to answer such requests for information, although I confess that there's the odd occasion when, due to pressure of work I fail.

What I will not do is enter into a public debate about it. That achieves nothing, and is not really fair to the person who has lost his/her thread or post. It's a private matter, and we intend to make sure it stays that way.

As I have often said in the past - we're not a chat-type forum, and as a rule we'll delete threads that set out to invite others to contribute jokes, anecdotes, or reminiscences. We'll also delete threads which encourage or invite forum users to divulge personal information, and I'm sure I don't need to spell out the reasons for that.

We get a lot of feedback from forum members, and we know from this that there is widespread support for the way we run the forum. We've no plans to make any sweeping changes in the forseeable future

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)