TalkTalk also told me by e-mail that I could still have 2MB in the meantime, but there's one small but important snag.
I haven't received a modem yet...:-)
In any case Tiscali is still delivering my BB so it would appear that I will have to wait until June 5th - it would have ceased sometime on Thursday or Friday if TalkTalk was to have taken over my BB service.
I'm still awaiting a response as to how I'm supposed to switch the BB to TT if I haven't got a modem or configuration details?
Neither have I received an information pack although it was supposed to have been sent out last month (29th); I've requested another one be sent out.
To be fair TalkTalk did telephone unexpectedly to say that the phone service would be changed over from One.Tel (also a TT company) to Talk3 International from last Friday.
This was less than 24 hours after an e-mail about the BB service but, as my wife took the call as I was out, she wasn't aware of the overall situation.