Humax T2000 Hard Drive

Ex plorer 15:30 10 Dec 2014

My Humax T2000 hard drive is on its way out I need to replace the hard drive as pixals are starting to show on recordings and its getting juddery.

No complaints its done a lot of work.

After removing the hard drive the information is as follows on the original drive.

(Seagate Video 3.5 500Gb HDD) (S/N 9vvfd499) (ST(3500312cs) (P/N 9GW 132-510) (Date Code 14242) (firmware sc41)

Can someone help with the correct drive I need, and link.

A little worried on getting the correct drive.

spuds 16:19 10 Dec 2014

This YouTube video might help click here

Ex plorer 13:40 12 Dec 2014

spuds thanks for the help and idea to look in You-tube, the link you sent may be of help to those's on how to up grade from 500 to 1Gb.

I have been in touch with Humax and they say basically any Seagate or western digital should be OK for a replacement.

I have ordered the ST3500312CS Seagate Pipeline HD 500GB Hard Drive.

I will give it a run when it arrives and leave some feed back on its performance.

spuds 16:51 12 Dec 2014

Ex plorer - For the slight extra cost nowadays, I would have chosen the bigger capacity hard-drive. Learned this lesson via replacing hard-drives in cctv recorders, by doubling or more the recording capacity, depending on the equipment.

Any brand would do, providing it is a direct type replacement. Check the warranty though, because some hard-drives have different warranty periods, depending on retailer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)