HP ZD8303EA Laptop - any opinion please

swapper 15:16 25 Apr 2006

HP ZD8303EA Laptop - any opinion please?

Currys has one of these at £799, I liked the look of this but would appreciate any comments about this model, or HP in general, or even a good equivalent.

tia

[DELETED] 15:57 25 Apr 2006

I have no experience with this machine but you also asked for comments on HP in general. Having worked with various HP divisions around the world for many years, I can honestly say that they are as committed to quality and customer satisfaction as any company I have had dealings with. From that perspective, I don't think you need have any worries about HP.

[DELETED] 18:29 25 Apr 2006

Its a very good laptop. I was in currys the other day and saw a member of staff showing it to some customers.

What is it exactly you would want to use it for?

swapper 07:33 26 Apr 2006

rmcqua, Jimmy14, thank you,
I want a good mid range machine and to be more mobile than I am with my present desktop, I was thinking about a used machine but have been persuaded against it.
The spec that this HP has is bit higher than I need, but the prices seems very good.

[DELETED] 08:48 26 Apr 2006

just make sure it is not one of the 15000 odd they are recalling because of a fault..

[DELETED] 08:51 26 Apr 2006

oh, it is 135000..read here

click here

[DELETED] 10:08 26 Apr 2006

The web site you want for the battery fault is click here I had a quick look and did not see that particular notebook listed, however you can check it for yourself. I have a Pavilion notebook and I am pleased with it. Their customer service is also good, because I have used it in the past. Looking at the spec of the zd8303ea, it seems to be a very good package. If the price is as you say, it is a £100 off the list price. Not bad me thinks. J.B.

swapper 17:17 26 Apr 2006

Ikelos, J B, thank you for responding, I did look at the battery problem and it does not appear to be one that has been recalled.

However,I visited the HP site and found that the model that I have taken an interest in has been dicontinued and that parts for it are no longer available?

This leaves me thinking it may not be a good idea after all and that I should look for something similar?

any suggestions at around £800 max please?

[DELETED] 18:02 26 Apr 2006

Dell have some good offers, I have a dell inspriron and it has run ace for about 4 years now....

[DELETED] 18:05 26 Apr 2006

Assuming that you want an Intel laptop have a look at the middle one here click here this one looks a good deal if you want to stick with HP. The only thing is that it costs fifty quid more than you have said. J.B.

swapper 05:45 28 Apr 2006

Ikelos, J B, thanks for your imput, I am taking a second breath on this because 850 is above my budjet, but I may be tempted :-))

thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best computer security tips

This fantastic short film is packed with hidden TV and film references

Best external graphics cards (eGPUs) for Mac

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Soundcore Spirit X d’Anker