HP Pavillion DV5-1111EA or Acer Aspire 5920G

stargazer1958 15:59 04 Jan 2009

Hi,

I am stuck between two choices of laptops. The HP Pavillion DV5-1111EA found here: click here
And the Acer Aspire 5920G found here: click here

The main part that I am really stuck on is the choice of processors, one has an AMD and one has an Intel. I would like to use this laptop for general use but I would also be running powerful video editing applications on it as well, this is why I need a good laptop but keeping the the price range of under £500.

Thank you in advanced for your help,
Alwyn.

GaT7 00:47 05 Jan 2009

The Acer seems to be the better buy between the two mainly on account of its Blu-Ray drive (BD). There's probably very little else between the two, although the Acer's Core 2 Duo CPU would have a slight edge I suspect. And so would its better HD3470 graphics over the HP's HD3450.

The Acer's also £450 at ttp://click here - i.e. £50 less compared to your Currys link. But study the specs carefully as there are a few variations of the 5920G. G

P.S. If you go for the HP from Scan, get free delivery - here's how click here or click here

GaT7 14:12 05 Jan 2009

Noticed the HP is now available at just under £20 at their today/only page click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?