How do 'Kotech' rate as an e-tailer?

AndyHP 19:37 10 Feb 2005

Discovered this company, seems very reasonable on price. I was a little concerned by the apparent lack of security at the site, as I am considering purchasing all the components to build a PC from scratch.
Any info from anyone who has dealt with them in the past would be much appreciated, also any info on how to obtain a discount code would be great.
Thanks in advance.

fuzzyone 20:37 10 Feb 2005

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

AndyHP,

All secure and recommended sites.

AndyHP 21:00 10 Feb 2005

Thanks Fuzzyone. I have been aware of the sites you mention, I was just curious about Kotech as it has some great prices and as I am considering purchases for system building, it came out the cheapest in comparison to all the sites you mentioned.

fuzzyone 21:37 10 Feb 2005

AndyHP,

sorry, I was offline for a while there, i'll have a look at the site you're talking about, and see if I can pick up anything about it.

fuzzyone 21:47 10 Feb 2005

AndyHP,

had a quick look at the website.

Yes it is cheap, but there is no privacy policy whatsoever, and no security even at the checkout.

There is an address and phone no' though, but if you check the following link, you will see, a different number altogether.

click here

Not a seller I would buy from, i'm afraid.

AndyHP 23:18 10 Feb 2005

Thanks for checking it out and for the advice fuzzyone.
I had kind of come to the same conclusion myself.
If they are a reputable company, its a shame that they let themselves down so badly with their website.
Looks like I'll be putting my business Scan's way!
Cheers Fuzzyone.

goonerbill © ® 01:02 12 Feb 2005

kotech are quite a good company. have bought from them before not online but computer fair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?