Hot UK Deals

Pine Man 19:43 03 Jul 2008

My brother saw a gardening item on the internet that he wanted buy. In his attempt to buy it he was told that he would have to register with the company, Hot UK Deals click here, which he did.

He wasn't able to buy the item he wanted but now he is getting several hundred emails a day, allegedly from Hot UK Deals. He has tried emailing them to stop this flood of spam but got no reply.

I am not 100% sure exactly what my brother did and he is getting on a bit but what has happened can't be right.

Has anybody any knowledge of this site and it's workings?

Patr100 19:59 03 Jul 2008

He proabably registerted for email deal alerts without realising , funnily enough I did that but still get get any emails from them. Their RSS oftne doesn't work properly - it's also very confusing - I just check it manually oftne as it can be useful -
you're supposed to be able to customise it to suit including email alerts etc but frankly in my experience for me the admin/options control of the site stinks and never works properly - which is a pity.

Patr100 20:00 03 Jul 2008

EDIT:

He proabably registerted for email deal alerts without realising , funnily enough I did that but still don't get get any emails from them. Their RSS often doesn't work properly - it's also very confusing - I just check it manually often as it can be useful -
you're supposed to be able to customise it to suit including email alerts etc but frankly in my experience for me the admin/options control of the site stinks and never works properly - which is a pity.

spuds 20:02 03 Jul 2008

I think that is how Hot Deals works by giving alerts to special offers.

Try their 'contact us' link, and inform them of the concerns.

Pine Man 13:42 04 Jul 2008

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll pass on the info.

Pine Man 08:28 06 Jul 2008

My brother managed to log on to the site and untick ALL the boxes in his preferences. He now gets no more emails from the site.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?