HOORAY for PC World...

KingRat 22:21 25 May 2006

I bought a new PC from PC World 3 years ago, my thinking being that if it lasts 3 years without going wrong I will have been extremely lucky.
I'v only had one fault, the DVD wouldn't open so I took it to the shop. I waited an hour then the manager called me over and gave me the PC Base back. How much? I asked.
'Forget it mate, I'm leaving at the end of the month!!!!

However, each week I put just £3 into a tin. This means that after 3 years I have the grand total of £468 for a new computer. Not a lot of money but that's all I can afford. So try it, but NO TOUCHING!! lol

Arnie 01:00 26 May 2006

have invested the money in an ISA account?
It would have been safer and gained some tax free interest.

Diodorus Siculus 06:56 26 May 2006

[quote]£468 for a new computer[/quote]

These days, that will go a long way! It all depends on what you want from a PC...

Diodorus Siculus 06:57 26 May 2006

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
click here

for one example

Diodorus Siculus 06:59 26 May 2006

And you can save another £60 by reducing the warranty...

KingRat 11:43 26 May 2006

No it isn't a lot of money but as I'm bed ridden almose therefore live off the state that's all I can afford to put in.

If you can afford to save £10 a week then your'll have £1560.

It's down to what you can afford, and I can't afford much per week.

Anyway - it's just a thought!

Diodorus Siculus 11:58 26 May 2006

I'm not knocking the amount- just showing what you can get for the money these days.

My current PC base unit was put together for less than that and it'll do all that I want from it...

KingRat 12:05 26 May 2006

I never ever by warrantys. I used to years ago but whatever went wrong with the telly, kettle,stereo etcc etc is was always the one thing that was never covered. lol

When I bought my machine Iadmit I had a little help from mum, and so bought an e-machine 220. It's brilliant, and apart from upping the ram to 2gb done by a mate, it's never gone wrong. Anyone else got anything to say about e-machines?

oresome 16:26 26 May 2006

My daughter purchased a e-machine from PC World 3 or 4 years ago.

It's doesn't get heavy use, but has never failed and is still going strong.

Despite all the threads on this forum regarding faulty equipment, I find most electronics to be very reliable.

Regarding PC World, you can't beat handing over the cash and collecting the goods there and then.

spuds 16:53 26 May 2006

Regarding the e-machine from PC World. I was in one of their stores last Sunday, and someone was returning one of these computers with what looked like a letter from Mastercare. Very impressed by the store staff's action, they contacted the duty manager, and the person left the store with a brand new off the shelf product. No quibble at all, and he seemed very pleased.

ade.h 16:59 26 May 2006

From my recent thread click here. Just shows what less than £500 can get these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?