Good ISP's

osben 10:07 14 Aug 2003

Hi

I use AOL 8 dial up for my ISP which I upgraded to via a download when it became available. Unfortunately my "block e-mail" database does not work. I was told by tech services that a file was corrupted on download and to solve the matter they would post a CD to me to allow me to do a complete re-load.

Well! still waiting after some seven reminders and several promises.

Sent e-mail to Vice President of Members Service but he has not bothered to respond.

Therefore time to move on so can anyone suggest a good RELIABLE alternative ISP.

I am on their £15.99 Flat Rate Monthly plan.

Looked at Tesco - not impressed
Heard bad stories about Tiscali and Freeserve

Regards

JoeC 10:33 14 Aug 2003

Clara before getting Broadband - I would have stayed with them but they, at that time, did not do BB in my area. Check them out at

click here

Their support service was superb.

TechMad 11:22 14 Aug 2003

Try the ISP from Auntie - click here

V21 have good rates, but trying to connect is hard.

I have also tried Breathe, but they keep sending me emails to update my "Launcher" to one from Vital Registrations. Have done so, but still the emails arrive.

livewire 12:25 14 Aug 2003

Well any thing other than AOL really.

I want to leave AOL and Be free with freeserve!

osben 14:47 14 Aug 2003

It's a good start.

If anyone else has any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

palinka 15:51 14 Aug 2003

I've been with freeserve since the time when they really were free - ie no subs and no dial-up charge. There have been accasional glitches, but they've always been sorted. Why not give them a try. I now use Freeserve Anytime, which gives me 24/7 for £14.99

Gizmo 16:36 14 Aug 2003

I have been using NTL world for three years, and I have found them excellent, I rarely or never get an engaged tone.

Tenner 17:19 14 Aug 2003

Last month somebody here suggested I look at click here and I finished up with award winner click here - competitive rates for 24/7 and no complaints so far- touch wood !

Hope it helps

Regards

osben 09:43 15 Aug 2003

for your help everybody.

Still no reply from AOL or a CD so i'm on the move.

Regards

I have been using tiscali for ages and encountered no problem. I have upgraded to their BB with free modem and registration. No sweat so far.

Djohn 19:03 16 Aug 2003

You can pick up the CD from any of the major stores, B & Q Comet or even Dixon's now. If you are still interested in staying with AOL, mail me and I will explain how to receive the full broadband from them for £19.99 per month, all equipment free! I'm on their B/B an it's excellent!. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?