Gathering Software for [small] Distribution

powerless 19:57 06 Nov 2003

MkII.

I have a computer, I have a CD Burner, I have some CD-R's, I know where the software is available for download as I reproduce many Click here, daily, recommending them.

As you may or may not know we can [as indvidual users] download software free of charge, freeware, shareware because of some very genorous people.

Now If I were to collect all of the software [that i'm thinking of collecting] - and burn them onto a CD, what would I have to do LEGALLY to distribute this CD?

AS the software will be "free" in the first place can I just not, Pack and ship a CD to its new owner?

NO! charge what-so-ever will be asked for, maybe P&P but - no profit in the end.

I'm thinking the EULA will have to be read very carefully?

Thank you for your time. :-)

powerless 21:25 06 Nov 2003

Well i have a few EULA to go through then and to find an email address.

"Maybe the CD Editor is the person to ask here??"

You see my MKII, at the top? Well there was a MKI, i'll let you figure it out...

powerless 20:42 07 Nov 2003

ok any other thoughts?

Belatucadrus 23:05 07 Nov 2003

Regardless of the license, it would probably be polite to e-mail the developers and ask for their approval. Those who use the GNU public license will almost certainly not have any issues with it. Others may want you to add a link to their website. The problem may crop up with the Free for home use versions of commercial stuff like avast!, Sygate & AVG. Best of luck it looks like a good idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?