Free! VOI calls

Sapins 15:54 28 Jun 2006

Anyone heard or or tried click here for VOI calls? Looks very similar to VoiCheap which I am trying, but, the biggest difference is that you can use your ordinary telephone, no headsets, microphones, no software to install. etc:

You get 300 free minutes a week and thereafter calls cost €0.01 a minute with a €0,4 connection charge. You have to buy some credit, €10, which is valid for 90 days.

I have found that with VoiCheap there is a distinct echo and time delay on the line called.

I have tried the first "Free" cal and as I type this my wife is continuing the call to a friend, there is no echo, no time lag and it sounds just the same as my ordinary calls. Might buy the €10 and see how I get on.

By the way the free call, which I thought was for 3 minutes is coming up to 12 minutes, we may never hang up!

Sapins 15:57 28 Jun 2006

Would you believe it I have just discovered this is by VoiCheap, did not read the e-mail properly, nothing new in that. Must see if my VoiCheap account is being used for this!

Tim1964 19:51 28 Jun 2006

Looked into signing up but spotted that the 10 Euro credit for the free calls only lasts 120 days. £2 a month for 5 hours of 'free' calls is still not bad I suppose but still, it's a step in the right direction, being able to use a normal home phone.

dontbugme 22:05 03 Nov 2006

They are both owned by Betamax, just like Voipbuster, Voipcheap, Voipstunt, etc, etc. For a full list of Betamax programs; click here
Here you can read more about Betamax GMBH from Germany; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?