Flat Panel "SmartAccessory"?

  NETCHRIS 20:23 11 Aug 2008

Philips includes a SmartAccessory clip to most of their flat panel monitors when you by them as PC Advisor have pointed out in their recent issue. These are essentially clips that clip onto your flat panel and connect a little shelf to your monitor for you to put your things on such as an iPod.

I would like to get one of these for my Dell E207 20" flat panel, but I can't seem to find one to buy invidually and obviously I'm not going to buy a Philips monitor for a plastic accessory.

I've looked around all across Google, and can't find anything close to it for sale. Does anyone know where I can by something like the SmartAccesory? I know of HP's EasyClip, but it only clips photos, nothing else really.


Here's a picture of the Philips SmartAccessory:
click here

  jack 08:16 12 Aug 2008

Bits'n' Pieces rack in Electricals and some £1 stores as Mouse Holder and Pen holders- for ever
Just have to look out for them.
Of course the slight incongruity may be they will be in the ubiquitous beige and 'Flatties' tend to be Black

Perhaps a Google will do it
click here

  NETCHRIS 12:30 12 Aug 2008

Thanks Jack, but even looking for computer accesories pages have not produced anything like the SmartAccessory, maybe you happened to come across a page which featured something similiar? Thanks for the help.

  jack 17:35 12 Aug 2008

Is Philips the may sell the items as separate accdessories

  NETCHRIS 22:48 12 Aug 2008

I looked on the Philips website with no luck unfortunetly. I think they want me to buy the flat panel. :P

  jolorna 11:09 13 Aug 2008

have you tried sending philips a email to ask

  Woolwell 12:22 13 Aug 2008

I suspect that the Philips SmartAccessory will only fit to Philips screens and they do not seem to be available as separate items. I would want to know how they were going to clip to my monitor and whether there is potential for damage.

  jack 13:53 13 Aug 2008

You may have to resort to the Blue Peter mode.

You know suitable substitute and double sided adhesive pads

  NETCHRIS 15:40 13 Aug 2008

I suppose I could send Philips an e-mail, I'll do that now.

But for now, looks like Jack's advice on adhesive is the best bet for non-Philips monitors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique