Faulty Applience Damaged My HDDS What to do?

RobCharles1981 11:21 05 Mar 2019

Hi

I'm wondering if you can help me in the right direction.

I brought a Sata Power Adapter just over a week or so ago to replace one I had in order to power up a new hard drive that I duly brought.

Which was this:

click here I had started a discussion here about this matter click here since adding that new hard drive or connecting that Sata Power the PSU of that adapter Blew Up and Smoked! (I do have a surge protector) And recently replaced it.

I took my Computer to a repair shop and inspected the drives and discovered that the PCB's had fried! Resulting the drives not powering or spinning up.

To Repair this would cost me at £320! And I had to order the donor parts from america.

I've been in touch with the manufacturer/Seller on Amazon to complain about this and hopefully they will help me out and provide me compensation.

Have any of you been in this situation and what happened/out come?

Thanks Rob

Now Where

qwbos 12:40 05 Mar 2019

You need to be able to demonstrate that the device that failed was being used for the purpose it was designed for and that your losses were as a consequence of the failure of that device. To do that, you need to get an expert technical report on ALL the devices connected.

RobCharles1981 17:01 05 Mar 2019

Yep that's what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.

Getting Photos, a detailed report and the all the costings including parts.

So hopefully I will have some good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Best Wacom deals 2019

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2019)