EZArmor Security Suite-FREE

mbp 10:47 30 Jan 2004

click here is offering a year's free Anti Virus and Firewall protection. It is not a large program, it is easy to load and use, and possibly would be very handy for those disallusioned with their present situation. Would like to hear of anyone who has had experience wirh this program.

Belatucadrus 11:07 30 Jan 2004

Where ? all I can see is a 30 day trial, for a year they want $49.95 USD. click here. I used to use its predecessor back in the days when InoculateIT was the free antivirus, the antivirus part worked fine and has a fair pass record at Virus Bulletin click here but I don't know the firewall.

mbp 11:37 30 Jan 2004

*Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor Antivirus and Firewall security suite valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be combined with any other offer. Customers may renew subscription after first year at current renewal rate. Free software offer expires 6/30/04. **IDC 2003. *Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor Antivirus and Firewall security suite valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be combined with any other offer. Customers may renew subscription after first year at current renewal rate. Free software offer expires 6/30/04. **IDC 2003. *Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor Antivirus and Firewall security suite valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be combined with any other offer. Customers may renew subscription after first year at current renewal rate. Free software offer expires 6/30/04. **IDC 2003. *Exclusive offer for Microsoft customers. Free 12-month software subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor Antivirus and Firewall security suite valid for new users only. Limit 1 per household. Not to be combined with any other offer. Customers may renew subscription after first year at current renewal rate. Free software offer expires 6/30/04. **IDC 2003.

The offer is for Microsoft users only, but I assume every one (just about) is using Microsoft. Please browse a little more.

Belatucadrus 12:14 30 Jan 2004

What a swine of a link, to find it you have to go via Microsoft security page. But for those interested click here here it is.

mbp 13:53 30 Jan 2004

I had no problems getting there. Just 2 clicks. I suppose that Free (even trial) programs sometimes get tucked under paying programs. It is, after all a £49.95 gift. I wouldn't look this horse in the mouth. I'd just accept it with thanks! It is a good program!

If you are intending to use this program to replace some other, you should try to rid yourself of debris from your original program especially in the Registry. Much safer to. It will reduce the chance of conflicts. If you are nifty in the Registry, you should have no problems. But if you are nervous like myself, I used a very safe and intuitive program like "Registry First Aid". You can find it at:
click here
I ran it several times, and the junk left over from the other program was just unbelievable. Useful for use on all Uninstalls. To be used after you have done the main Uninstall, i.e. for cleaning out the Registry. Everyone who messes around a lot, should have this tool in their kit. I think that there is a trial version, but I found it too restrictive as it allowed you to use it just so many times only, and I had to use it more than that to clear our my AV program.

mbp 13:58 30 Jan 2004

Before you uninstall your current AV/Firewall program, download the new program but do not install it.
You can then disconnect from the Internet, and then completely Uninstall you current program. When you are satisfied that you are clean, Install the new program by double clicking it, and follow instructions. Make sure you have the License Key handy.

Gaz 25 01:33 31 Jan 2004

Nice man...

I am having this to test run, another one to try.

Dont think it is as good as my current solutions, but I have spare PC.

Gaz 25 01:40 31 Jan 2004

Look, ends: Free software offer expires 2/1/05.

Thats quite a long time.

And the reason for it: click here

mbp 09:31 31 Jan 2004

Thanks Gaz 25! It looks like there is a scramble for the AV market going on. So choose wisely and take advantage of what you think will do you most good. Happy Hunting!

The Spires 19:49 31 Jan 2004

Thank you. :-)

mbp 21:02 31 Jan 2004

The Spires: enjoy, I think you will like it! Welcome to it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)