An extra security app to your arsenal maybe.

rdave13 17:03 02 Mar 2018
Answered

Anti-WebMiner modifies the hosts file to help against Cryptocurrency web mining. Adds new entries. It's simple to use and handy to access the hosts file.

Major Geeks link.

As there are so many variants of malware nowadays I've changed the Hosts file folder to read-only and will have to remember to revert when updating the hosts file again. I've added more to the list thanks to ZeroDot1 's list from here under hosts_browser link.

I know the list will be never ending as more will need to be added but if you just use the app it updates the list for you now and again. Just click the file text at the top and check for updates. Needs to be done manually. If you set the Hosts folder as read-only remember to untick again in properties before updating.

Sometimes this 'mining' can be the cause of high CPU usage. Anyway I hope this helps in some way.

rdave13 23:09 02 Mar 2018
Answer

Just for info.

Govan1x 12:35 03 Mar 2018

Ok downloaded it to give it a try. Every bit of security helps nowadays.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus