Evesham Tech Support Gone AWOL!

zedba 16:28 23 Feb 2004

Am I the only one having this problem?! I have seen historic positive responses regarding Evesham and bought from Evesham because of this but something appears to have gone wrong (victim of their own success?)!

For the last month I have been trying to get some sense from Evesham Tech Support but seem to have entered a twilight world where I exist purely to be wound up, mislead, fobbed off, and kept waiting. Am I the only one or is anybody else out there having similar problems? The lowlights so far fall into a few areas;

- No answer from the tech line
- When it is answered I'm asked to give my details and await a call that doesn't come as they are 'busy'
- When I have been called back another time to call has been booked but when I wait all day by my machine for the call it never comes
- I'm told that functionality that isn't working doesn't exist (for example using Media Centre in part screen apparently isn't possible!)
- It's suggested that I should not use any folders to store photos as this causes problems so should just keep all my photos in one huge file

...and just to make me feel even dumber it's suggested that by sending my problems to a different 'special' email address everthing will be okay!

Rant over. While I am still trying to resolve my problems I wanted to see if this is unusual as the main reason why I bought from Evesham was their (previous?) strong reputation for customer service.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Frustrated but still hopeful

hoverman 17:04 23 Feb 2004

Send an e-mail to [email protected] which should speed things up.

claudine 15:46 24 Feb 2004

zedba I am thinking of buying a media centre from Evesham. Apart from the above glitch are you happy with it? which one have you got?

zedba 16:18 24 Feb 2004

Hi Claudine,

I would 100% NOT recommend buying from Evesham. Media Centre looks fantastic, is very sexy, is very user freindly but seems to be relatively unstable so I would not buy from a company that has offered very poor tech support. On one occassion Evesham have told me (in writing) that Media Centre cannot be viewed in part screen despite this being one of teh main features shown in their literature which is clearly an outright lie that they have yet to appologise for!

A non Evesham related point is that if you are looking to buy a freeview tuner card you should check the freeview site for coverage. Despite my being able to pick up freeview (although I'm not meant to be able to) through my cheapy Thomson set top box my p.c. tuner card struggles and causes lots of corrupt recordings.

If I had my time again I would buy an Anologue Tuner card and NOT BUY FROM EVESHAM!

Regards

Joe

PS My Spec is

1 x emedia Tower (Dec03)
+ 1GB DDR (PC3200)
+ Sleek Design Case
+ 17" Viewsonic VP171S DVI (Black/Silver) (VERY COOL)
+ 16x IDE DVD-ROM
+ Altec Lansing 2100
+ Upgrade to 3 year on-site warranty!

johnnyrotten 18:39 29 Feb 2004

this all sounds depressingly familiar...
see thread EVESHAM AFTER SALES SUPPORT -

claudine 06:22 01 Mar 2004

thanks Zedba for your answer. I have been wavering between mesh and evesham for this purchase for a couple of months. I bought a laptop in January and went with Evesham mainly because the customer support seemed to be better than Mesh. The sales person was brilliant and we've had no problems with it, but I was waiting a while before buying the media centre. Since I asked you about yours, PCPro did a review of them in which the mesh machine came out tops, quite a way above the evesham model. The quality of techical support is soo important to me when I buy something like this. I think it's something that's not given enough weight in press reviews. I so often see a comment like "this machine is good for the money although it only has one year's return to base warranty." I would willingly pay more to a company I could really and truly rely on. I don't see why it should be any different to kitchen appliances, where everyone knows if you buy a really good make you're not only buying something that generally lasts twice as long, you're also buying from a company with excellent helplines and service. It does cost you more, but it is so worth it

simonp1 07:54 01 Mar 2004

zedba use the email addy provided by hoverman, it will get them to reslove your problem and fast.

As for their TECH Support, well many people are happy with them, but personally i encoutered the same problems as you to the point i just have given up on them. I now just use PCA helproom or use my own new found knowlage on PC's...Why not try to get the helproom to solve your problem..

penneth 10:58 01 Mar 2004

We are also experiencing the same problems with Evesham. When contacting the tech support we are told the engineers are busy and will contact us. Not so. After waiting and complaining another week goes passed. We try contacting over the net. We are then eventually asked to supply the serial no. which we have already done. Another week goes by and we are told an engineer will phone. Still waiting. This is a small company which relies heavily on computers. We have also subscribed to onsite warranty. We can't speak to anyone to get an engineer out.

Any legal suggestions?

penneth 10:58 01 Mar 2004

We are also experiencing the same problems with Evesham. When contacting the tech support we are told the engineers are busy and will contact us. Not so. After waiting and complaining another week goes passed. We try contacting over the net. We are then eventually asked to supply the serial no. which we have already done. Another week goes by and we are told an engineer will phone. Still waiting. This is a small company which relies heavily on computers. We have also subscribed to onsite warranty. We can't speak to anyone to get an engineer out.

Any legal suggestions?

anchor 11:14 01 Mar 2004

Have you tried sending an e-mail to the Evesham dedicated PCA forum address:

[email protected]

zedba 12:09 01 Mar 2004

Sorry to hear your having the same frustrations as me! Below is a response that I've just had from Which that I haven't had a chance to look at properly yet...

....The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 says that when you buy goods from a trader they must fit the description be of satisfactory quality, which includes durability and be fit for their purpose. If goods are not sufficiently durable this would be a breach of the implied term as to quality.

If your goods do prove faulty and you act within a reasonable time you can reject them and claim a refund of the total purchase price. If the fault develops later you are entitled to demand compensation - usually the cost of repair - or request a repair or replacement. If the cost of a repair is likely to be greater than the current value of the goods or they are no longer available you can opt for a full or partial refund, depending on how long you have used the item. Do bear in mind that if the fault occurs after six months it is then up to you to prove that the goods were faulty when sold.

Under legislation all claims must be made within six years of the initial sale (except in Scotland, where the time span is five years from the date of discovery). This doesn't mean that goods have to last six years however as the life expectancy of items will vary...

Good Luck

Joe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?