Eset security review for those using it

[DELETED] 21:03 16 Dec 2018
Answered

Found this test on Eset and seems they are falling behind as of a few weeks. security cannel YT

alanrwood 11:03 17 Dec 2018

No Security Suite is 100%. Personally I have been using Eset for over 10 years on around 10 machines and never had an infection. Maybe I am just lucky but I doubt that. Common sense is also an important ingredient in protecting yourself.

Govan1x 11:39 17 Dec 2018
Answer

Same as alanrwood. have used it for about 5 years without getting any infections. Mind you I also have Malwarebytes and Emsisoft as well.

I usually find if any problems 1 of those three security programs will jump in and stop anything downloading on to my computer.

Also had a big update to it after the latest W10 update was installed. had to reboot the computer for eset to update fully.

That was only last week so maybe if there were any problems with it that new version of eset may have sorted any problems.

[DELETED] 17:24 17 Dec 2018

Yes I agree with you both. Nothing is foolproof. Possibly that update has has corrected things.

Forum Editor 09:00 22 Dec 2018

"Nothing is foolproof."

Ain't that a fact, as John Wayne used to say.

I have used AVG Pro version for years - nothing else at all - and like alanrwood my machines have remained infection free. I couldn't agree more with his statement about the importance of commonsense where computer security is concerned.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor View 20 review

How Esports branding got a brand new look

Best free Mac apps

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2019)