Hot Topics

EDF Smart Meter not showing rate 2

JohnD 12:42 11 Apr 2020
Answered

How can I make my Smart meter display Rate 2 for the night time reads. I must still be on a 2 rate tariff as the EDF readings uploader still required two rate. EDF are not getting reads automatically do I need to send reads manually.

Model Landis + Gyr E470 Type 5424. It has 1 green button A and grey button B.

JohnD 14:17 13 Apr 2020
Answer

Thanks for your reply.

When I pressed green button A the all the alphanumeric LCD elements activate showing no data. Then goes back to rate 1. If I carry on pressing I see what looks like engineering data, but no rate 2 appears.

After midnight the display switches over to Rate 2 display automatically.

I contacted EDF via their SMS service and they now say I was moved to single rate. But if that is so, why would I be seeing Rate 2 at midnight.

I also checked the EDF websites to upload manual reads, and that too requires two rate readings. As if I was still on economy 7.

Anotherthing I noticed is the Chameleon IHD under meter information shows 16.495 kWh, but on the actual meter for rate 1 it says 14. So I guess the difference is rate 2.

So why would EDF say I am on a single rate when rate 2 appears at midnight?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Ren & Stimpy returns in 'reimagined' format

New iMac concept images: A glimpse of the fullscreen future

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique