Eclipse 111 keyboard and Saitek.

gengiscant 11:22 19 Feb 2010

I bought this keyboard, click here and within three months the coating on the wrist rest began to peel off. I trivial problem I agree but at 40 quid I felt it was unacceptable.
Amazon could only offer a refund but Saitek in the form of 'Mad Catz' sent me a replacement wrist rest free of charge.
They were in no way responsible as my contract was obviously with Amazon, but what incredible customer service.

I rank customer service very highly,give me a poor service and I will not shop with you again.
Its enough that an email is not answered to cross the company of my preferred suppliers.
So when a company goes above and beyond what can be reasonably expected it is only fair to sing its praises as, I read this recently "Unhappy customers share their experience with ten times more people than satisfied ones".
Well done again Saitek/Mad catz.

spuds 16:07 19 Feb 2010

Amazon offered a refund, which some companies might not have done, because it was easier and perhaps far quicker than trying to obtain possible spare parts from the manufacturer or importer.

In both cases, I would assume that Amazon and Saitek wanted to please their consumer-customers. Some people would have possibly taken the refund and obtained another keyboard that was perhaps more robust!.

gengiscant 18:58 06 Mar 2010

This was posted as praise for excellent customer service by Saitek, not a criticism of Amazon.
It was just great to get decent customer service even though it was not Saitek's responsibility.

I've always found amazon to be pretty good :) Their policies are clearly set out and written in plain english, which makes a nice change. They are realtivly prompt and I have to say, my experience with Amazon has always been a good one too :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?