dyson standup vaccuum

sunnystaines 11:56 26 Nov 2008

anyone one got one, looking at the dc14 model but seem to remember when dyson first come out there was gossip they were just a gimick.

any feedback please.

Arnie 18:49 30 Nov 2008

"Sadly, German manufacturers outsource production to cheaper labour markets like everyone else".

Sadly you are correct oresome.

Even my 'Japanese' Panasonic 32-LMD70A LCD TV was manufactured in the Czech Republic.
My Panasonic DMR-EZ27EB-K recorders in Slovakia.

It's enough to make Konosuke Matsushita turn over in his grave.

Stuartli 21:24 30 Nov 2008

The Japanese electrical giants have been manufacturing, for instance, many of their electrical and photographic products in Singapore, Malaysia, Korea and other countries for many years.

The same goes for car manufacturers such as Honda, Nissan and Toyota who have, for instance, large manufacturing plants in the UK as well as elsewhere.

Part of the original reason was down to every rising labour costs in Japan, although the Japanese work hard at ensuring that production standards are as good, if not better, than at home.

As for Bosch, which has developed some of the most important car technologies around, it has manufacturing plants in the States, China, India, UK, Turkey, Poland Germany etc

It also jointly produces appliances with Siemens.

Arnie 23:51 30 Nov 2008

Quite a cosmopolitan manufacturing setup then. (:0)

laurie53 09:39 01 Dec 2008

Not forgetting that Sony have factories in Wales, Honda in Swindon and Nissan in Sunderland (where, I understand, the product is rated better than the Japanese produced versions).

Stuartli 11:24 01 Dec 2008

Have you ever heard the expression multinational companies?

laurie53

I mentioned UK Japanese car manufacturing plants earlier, but you may not have been aware that Sony closed its conventional television manufacturing and assenbling plants in Bridgend and Pencoed some three years ago.

The reason? The sharply rising demand for flat screen TVs.

Arnie 00:18 02 Dec 2008

"Have you ever heard the expression multinational companies?"

I certainly have. Most of them have taken over much of our once thriving engineering and electronic companies.

Stuartli 00:26 02 Dec 2008

You need to look again at the expression multinational companies...:-)

sunnystaines 12:20 06 Dec 2008

had a trek round stores the allergy version seems unobtainable except on the net. managed to pick a better animal version shop display with a damaged box for £150.so pleased,looked at the other makes sebox4, meile, panasonic but the wife liked the dyson and with such a big discount took it.

sunnystaines 18:04 07 Dec 2008

the cleaning results of our new dyson are excellent brings the carpet up as new. Not sure how it does this as there is not a strong suction feel to it and still trying to get to grips fitting the attachments in some configurations.

Stuartli 18:37 07 Dec 2008

>>"For interest...

I see that Miele are now in the upright market."

For your interest, I pointed out that fact on Page Two of this thread on Wednesday at 22:48..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Adobe announces Custom Toolbars for upcoming ‘Illustrator CC 2019’

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home