dyson standup vaccuum

sunnystaines 11:56 26 Nov 2008

anyone one got one, looking at the dc14 model but seem to remember when dyson first come out there was gossip they were just a gimick.

any feedback please.

Arnie 00:18 29 Nov 2008

"Except for the old Junior and Senior cleaners, I have found Dyson cleaners come apart quite easily."

Some restructuring is needed here.

Many vacuum cleaners are difficult to repair, except for the old Hoover Junior and Senior models.

I also find Dyson cleaners easy to strip and repair.

This now makes more sense!

sunnystaines 11:28 29 Nov 2008

Thanks all for continued input. is there a web link for diagnoses, fixing repairing dysons that you use. I am not mechanically minded but now confident in building repair pc's. With mixed views on dysons might have to learn to sort them too.

Arnie 16:47 29 Nov 2008

Try this sunnystaines.

click here and click on Dyson Hints and Tips.

There is also a technical advice section.

Arnie.

flycatcher1 17:32 29 Nov 2008

We bought a Sebo upright about twelve years ago and added another about two years later. Fabulous but not cheap.

sunnystaines 10:24 30 Nov 2008

Arnie

thanks for the link

Arnie 11:02 30 Nov 2008

You're welcome.

Don't forget to check the site from time to time for added info.

sunnystaines 11:06 30 Nov 2008

flycatcher1

will look at this one along with others when we get a chance to got to a johnlewis store this seems to be the only store these days that still has a good selection of electrical goods on display.

LastChip 11:50 30 Nov 2008

We've had one for years and the only "extra" thing I've had to do, was replace the cable drum - the ratchet became unreliable. That was about a month ago after probably 6-7 years of use.

Ours is a DC02 (not an upright), but I'd recommend them to anyone.

Stuartli 11:54 30 Nov 2008

As I've mentioned before, we have a Sebo X4 Extra which is several years old.

It cost the same or less than the Dyson offerings at the time but, in contrast, is built like the proverbial tank and utterly reliable.

Just as you would expect from a German manufacturer...:-)

oresome 18:26 30 Nov 2008

"Just as you would expect from a German manufacturer...:-)"

Sadly, German manufacturers outsource production to cheaper labour markets like everyone else, so check on the label if this is important to you. I hear that some Bosch washing machines are now manufactured elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Adobe announces Custom Toolbars for upcoming ‘Illustrator CC 2019’

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home