dyson standup vaccuum

sunnystaines 11:56 26 Nov 2008

anyone one got one, looking at the dc14 model but seem to remember when dyson first come out there was gossip they were just a gimick.

any feedback please.

sunnystaines 20:28 26 Nov 2008

getting good reports just got to get the best price, do i wait for jan sales?

Stuartli 22:48 26 Nov 2008

There are loads of Dyson repair "clincis" around for obvious reasons...:-)

Apart from the fact that a Sebo X4 is one of the best uprights you can buy (we've had one for several years), one of the few manufacturers with which Sebo can be compared has just introduced an uprights choice (S7) to its range for the first time.

That's Miele. See:

click here

Not cheap, but Miele builds its products to be reliable and last and last and last...:-)

Stuartli 22:51 26 Nov 2008

The Sebo X4 Extra and other models:

click here

Stuartli 10:57 27 Nov 2008

Dyson vacuum cleaners bring in a very healthy level of repair charges for electrical outlets the length and breadth of the UK and have for many years - hark back to your own words about "clinics".

No one doubts that Dyson models clean well, but it's not much use if they spend a lot of time in the repair shop...:-)

My son had one, but eventually got rid after it continued to either break down or break up.....

laurie53 19:42 27 Nov 2008

Dyson reputed to have put 85 more out of work, moving to cheap labour outside the UK.

click here

sunnystaines 20:47 27 Nov 2008

Had a lot of good replies, the wife is still thinking about it. the dyson dc14 allergy at £200 from amazon looking favorite but due to cost will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Another option is to travel to a johnlewis and look at the other ones suggested in the thread.

Stuartli 00:17 28 Nov 2008

Dyson relocated to Malaysia SIX years ago with the loss of 800 jobs in the UK....:-)

laurie53 08:34 28 Nov 2008

That's why I said 85 "more"

Arnie 19:30 28 Nov 2008

Around a year ago I bought a Dyson DC19 from John Lewis for £150.
I registered it with Dyson for their 5 year warranty and free tools normally around £35.
To do this I spoke to their support team on a free 0800 telephone service.

The cleaner is the best cylinder type we have bought, with superb suction and cleaning properties.

At least ten years ago I also bought a DC04 upright cleaner. I recently stripped this down and dismantled the motor to check the carbon brushes. Hardly any wear had taken place.

Around two years ago I picked up the same model from a car boot sale for £25.
Again I completely stripped it down. I found it had a new motor fitted and many other new parts.

A past friend who ran a repair shop always remarked how difficult these models were to service.
Except for the old Junior and Senior cleaners, I have found Dyson cleaners come apart quite easily.
Take pictures of the dismantling procedure if you are unsure of the assembly of the parts.

BTW. My wife uses the DC19 and the DC04 daily and she loves them.

Stuartli 19:38 28 Nov 2008

Not much mention of newts here(!):

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Adobe announces Custom Toolbars for upcoming ‘Illustrator CC 2019’

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home