dyson standup vaccuum

sunnystaines 11:56 26 Nov 2008

anyone one got one, looking at the dc14 model but seem to remember when dyson first come out there was gossip they were just a gimick.

any feedback please.

I am Spartacus 12:03 26 Nov 2008

Maybe they've improved since I last had one but the one I had turned out to be a case of style over function. Looked good but was average. Failed after a couple of years which was apparently not unusual then.

Highly recommend a 'Henry' click here It'll suck up floorboards (slight exaggeration for effect) :o)

The tools provided give you an 'upright' nozzle.

sunnystaines 12:14 26 Nov 2008

I am Spartacus

thanks for your reply, I have used henries before but had a few faults the hoses did not last kept splitting, the motors did not last. When woking were good.

We have a miele pull along type but the trouble with them is they spew out a fine dust.Good points motor lasts and adjustable suction 300-1800.

sunnystaines 12:55 26 Nov 2008

luthier

thanks, I will look round for the best price now, shops round this way do not have big discounts yet as there no evidence of the credit crunch in the shops.

sunnystaines 14:17 26 Nov 2008

oldbeefer2

thanks, we only have 2 electrical stores in town now used to have several, left with debenhams and tesco non food outlet neither have reductions yet.

Colin 17:01 26 Nov 2008

We've had a Dyson DC04 for longer than I can remember and it works as well as it did when it was new. Unfortunately, I think Dysons are no longer made in the UK which is one of the reasons we bought one.

sunnystaines 17:14 26 Nov 2008

thanks for feedback had a look online the cheapest is "discount electrics" but i'm not too sure if its a reliable site or not. then amazon is the next best deal still £80 cheaper than high street prices.

not too sure where these TV programes get the shops with the big discounts from, its not round this way.

sunnystaines 18:07 26 Nov 2008

jellyhead

not keen to go back to miele again.

acein1 18:46 26 Nov 2008

still using "VAX 121" now in its 20th year, still as good as new ,if looked after should see another 20

oresome 19:21 26 Nov 2008

We have two Dyson uprights. A DC01 and a DC07 Animal.

I've replaced a brush bar, one belt and a set of wheels on the DC01 since purchase.

No replacements on the DC07, but the hoses on both have split near the end and I've had to shorten the hose and re-attach as a result.

(Two vacs to save carrying one up and down stairs)

laurie53 19:55 26 Nov 2008

My wife found Dysons much too heavy (use of one arm only) but she recently bought the new one, the one which goes round corners, and swears by it.

I can't get on with it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Forza Horizon 4 review

Be Warned Mac users - Mojave Breaks Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs