DVD/VCR Combi

the-emsworth-kid 13:41 15 Apr 2005

I need to copy old (much sentimental value) VHS tapes to DVD. Previous threads suggest the PC route is too time consuming. My local Makro has at Bush DVD Recorder/VHS combi for £150 plus Vat - does anybody have experience of this type of machine? Superior recording quality is not the prime concern.

pj123 14:15 15 Apr 2005

Looks OK to me, £176 (inc VAT) is good too, if it is the Bush DVRHS02 which is listed at £229.99 from:

click here

Even Tesco can only manage £224.99.

Barrie_G 15:08 15 Apr 2005

Though check first that it will record from vhs to dvd as some don't.

pj123 16:00 15 Apr 2005

Well it says, "records to DVD and VCR from TV, or from one format to another plays DVD +RW / +R / -RW / -R / CD"

???

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:15 15 Apr 2005

You may wish to read this before purchasing the Bush model and you may want to go for the slightly more expensive LG one....Bush seem to be *ahem* dumping them all over the shop. click here

G

the-emsworth-kid 19:38 15 Apr 2005

As ever your obsevations and the link merit serious consideration. I've tried to search for an equivalent LG model without success - can you help me please?

SEASHANTY 20:06 15 Apr 2005

Seems from the Argos spec on the LG that it will only record DVD+R and DVD+RW. Pretty limited if that's the case. Use your own VCR with the new Panasonic DVD recorder which can dub from the internal HDD at 64x
click here

SEASHANTY 22:00 15 Apr 2005

It would appear Panasonic have discontinued production of their DMR-E75VEG combi DVD/VCR recorder but it is still available at 18 outlets
click here

the-emsworth-kid 10:39 22 Apr 2005

Apologies for not getting back sooner - but thank you all for your input. I think I'll probably go the stand alone recorder route.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts