DVD Writer with Black Brushed Aluminium Bezel

I am Spartacus 12:48 12 Aug 2008

I've got a new black brushed aluminium case and my black plastic bezeled DVD writer doesn't blend in as much as I'd like.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get them with black aluminium bezels, brushed finish would be nice? I'm looking for a SATA connection only.

I am Spartacus 13:09 14 Aug 2008

Judging by the replies I've had from various suppliers they know of no manufacturer who supplies them with aluminium bezels. The Cooler Master bezel is a good compromise though.

I am Spartacus 10:46 20 Aug 2008

Just for anyone who wants to do this. It's not straightforward as you need to remove about 4mm from the existing bezel where the eject button fit's nearest the side. You may also need to trim the same amount from the eject button too. You also need to temporarily remove the cover from the front of the tray although it simply slides off.

I tried it on 6 different DVDs and CDs and the eject button was in the same place on all of them so it's Cooler Master who've got it wrong.

You can also remove the Cooler Master branding by a light application of paint stripper wiped off with a solvent. I did it a number of times before I was satisfied but didn't want to leave it on too long in case it affected the anodised finish.

GaT7 12:40 20 Aug 2008

Thanks for letting us know how it went.

One would've thought there would be more manufacturers coming out with this kind of thing. If I was an aluminium case manufacturer I'd include at least 2x aluminium bezels in the package & make it one of the selling points. Or, sell matching them separately at the very least.

But I suppose there probably isn't much market in this kind of thing, as most are satisfied as long as the colour of the drive bezel matches their case?

I've since found out that Lian Li do these bezels too, but they seem to be custom made to fit in their cases only. G

I am Spartacus 13:13 20 Aug 2008

I'd agree that case manufacturers could do this and quite cheaply too. My case cost over £220 and didn't come with them. The manufacturer has told me that they don't do them but might consider it in the future. I think they meant no.

The Coolermaster bezel is reasonably priced, good quality and around 3mm thick, pity it's not cut to shape properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique