Honor 9 Lite review
after reading the link watch the short video clip to see how easy it is to gain entry.
just had a new double glazed door rang them this morning and I am ok but are you.
This is well known.
QVC had some stuff a while back that you put in the cylinder but they don't appear to have it in stock at the moment. It was a kind of oil based material that prevented the pins from bouncing when someone tried to bump the lock. Can't remember the name unfortunately.
However there are anti bumping replacement cylinders available if you are worried.
A typical home will have three such doors
Front/ Back and French or Patio.
All with the familiar 'lift the handle to drop the claws and cylinder lock.
This lock can be locked from inside or out.
But it cannot be unlocked if a key is in the lock on the opposite side.
So when leaving home lock the back doors and leave the inside key in.
Make sure how ever you take the front with you and of course leave any key out on the inside.
This means the front mostly in full view is 'jumpable'
But the rear doors will not be jumpable and will have to be smashed to get in.
Just a time delay /noise making tactic.
Its called PickBuster
However that video is weird, I mean, why should having a child make any difference. No thief, in his right mind, is going to steal a child, it ain't worth it and anyway you're there. It's just trying to create hysteria.
I have to admit that, as far as I know, gaining entry to most houses is just a matter of timing. Almost all locks are pick-able, given the right equipment, which the professional thief will make sure that he has.
Most thieves go for easy access, most of us give them it, leaving doors and windows open and with spare keys in obvious places.
It's a storm in a tea cup!
says that 90% of doors in the UK and Europe are fitted with these 'bumpable' locks. I must have spent my life in buildings that have the other 10% of locks, because I've never seen an external door secured with that type of lock.
This really is old news. I fitted anti-bump/anti-snap locks onto our house and my mother-in-laws several years ago. It didn't stop her being burgled though. The thieves took a hole saw to the UPVC door and unlatched the exposed mechanism. As wee eddie says, thieves will find a way. They found a much quicker way to get into my office, they threw a block of concrete through the door taking out the bottom panel.
Once upon a time, a young lady, who had previously shared my flat in Chelsea, in the mid 70’s, fell in love with a young gentleman of immense wealth. His father disapproved of the Match but they were so in love that they thought little of it.
He took her to India, where they visited the Taj Mahal, there, in the moonlight, he proposed to her and she accepted. I met him; he was charming as well as very rich.
Later they visited a place where they were able, with suitable proper advice on hand, to view some raw stones. They purchased several Stones and flew off to Amsterdam. Where, apart from visiting several places of interest and dining in the best of the local hostelries, they watched the Stones being cut and polished.
On their return to London, they wandered down Bond Street and into Asprey’s where they presented the stones to one of the Specialists, who designed a ring for her using the stones. I do not know if they watched the ring being made and I believe that there were two rings, a His and a Her’s as it were, but I don’t know.
Later, Father’s will prevailed and the Engagement was broken off, but there was no question of the Ring being returned. Nor was it ever asked for.
By now the young lady had traded up from us, in Chelsea, which was bohemian and somewhat outré, to a rather smart Mansion House Flat in Belgravia, where there was a Porter, on duty at all times, who had a list of acceptable Visitors.
One evening the Flat was broken into, which was not an easy option as the door was Triple Locked and very stout.
However, the burglars had not bothered about the Locks, they had brought with them two pieces of timber and a couple of Car Jacks and they had used these, placed across the Passage way, to push the Door Frame in.
Only the Ring, a couple of letters and some photos were taken.
The moral of this: it doesn’t matter how good your security is, if the haul is sufficient, the professional burglar will bring the necessary tools to do the job
does that include Yale locks and union locks, I remember my parent home had a union lock under council ownership when they paid rent before they brought it.
The Union key could be cut any lock smith, My brother changed the lock because the key could,not be cut by any lock smith including union themselves.
What happened to that gizmo's from the states that the police use to open doors, I think it was called key gizmo, you put the device into a lock and and press a lever and the gizmo opens the lock.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.