Does this system record to blank DVD's please??

julius44 07:45 06 Aug 2008

Hi i'm interested in a particular home cinema system which is the Sony DAV-DZ260 5.1 Channel DVD Home Cinema System.

The link is below click here I'm been trying to find out if it RECORDS to blank dvds as well i mean can i record tv programs with it as well, as i'm interested in 1 that records to blank dvds, but my budget is about £170. i have seen this same 1 on other sites for £130...but i need to know whether it records programmes as well. any help/confirmation would be appreciated.

BT 08:27 06 Aug 2008

This is a Home Cinema system and the technical specs on the Sony website make no mention of recording.
click here

crosstrainer 08:29 06 Aug 2008

According to the specs. from Sony, the simple answer is no. It will only record if connected to a PC via usb:

Pumps out a total of 850 W room filling sound from central speaker, 4 satellite units and floor shaking 14 0W subwoofer
Put yourself in the middle of the action with Dolby Digital Prologic II / DTS Decoding
24-bit S-Master digital amplifier delivers crystal clear CD quality sound for playback faithful to the original source
Stylish design integrates seamlessly with a BRAVIA TV and Sony disc players
Built-in upscaler generates a 1080p signal via HDMI™ cable for superb picture quality on your high-def TV
BRAVIA Sync for simple, integrated control with your BRAVIA TV and other compatible products with only 1 remote
DCAC - one-push automatic sound set-up for flexible speaker placement and optimum sound quality
Sony DIGITAL MEDIA PORT - connect to and release digital music stored on your WALKMAN® or other mp3 players, mobile phones, Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi devices
Play from and record direct to USB
Connect via optical or coaxial digital inputs
Dialogue Enhancer keeps speech clear while limiting the volume of sudden sound effects – ideal for late night viewing
Portable Audio Enhancer function boosts quality of compressed music such as mp3's
FM / AM radio tuner with RDS and 30 station presets
Movie / music mode optimises your audio settings automatically
Multiple format and codec support - DVD / CD / Video CD / SACD / mp3 / JPEG playback capability

julius44 08:35 06 Aug 2008

Many thanks BT, in that case i'm looking for a nice home cinema system but it MUST be able to record TV programmes as well, my budget is about £170..do u have any suggestions please??

crosstrainer 08:47 06 Aug 2008

I cant' find anything within your budget, I have one of these which is superb, but a lot more than £170 Perhaps you should consider buying the recorder (which you can get quite cheaply) and then adding the surround sound later?

click here-(RCSLX60D).aspx

crosstrainer 08:49 06 Aug 2008

Along these lines?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Best Keyboards for Designers & Artists

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)