Ditch I river and Buy Ipod Photo 60gb?

Wirral Bagpuss 22:50 18 Jul 2005

I have had my iriver h340 mp3 player since last summer. However i am sorely tempted by the ipod photo 60gb mp3 player. Had a play with one today and i was so very nearly unleashing my credit card !!!!
I am not sure if i would be making the right decision to dump i river and join the ipod revolution. It seems to me there is alot more accessories and support for the ipod than there is for the iriver. So can anyone advise me as to whether i should buy the ipod photo 60gb or not?

Magik ®© 14:48 23 Jul 2005

iRiver every time..................

originalmiscellany 14:55 23 Jul 2005
  BigMan24 15:35 23 Jul 2005

thanks very much!

BigMan24 15:37 23 Jul 2005

Oh another question:

I have heard lots of bad comments on this board about the earphones that u get with iPods.

Are they really that bad?
And is there any that people would recommend?

Thanks again!

Kate B 17:13 23 Jul 2005

I use a pair of Shure's noise-isolating earphones. Can't remember which model but they cost something like sixty quid. Worth it, IMO. And they're black, so it doesn't look as though you've got several hundred quid's worth of desirable Apple kit ripe for the, er, picking. Apple earbuds are rubbish for me as my ears are too small to tuck them comfortably in my ears.

Wirral Bagpuss 21:05 23 Jul 2005

Well now i have the best of both worlds !!! Ipod photo 60gb and i river h340 !! :) Currently having fun with downloading my Coldplay albums!!! Oh what fun this will be !! :):):)

bfoc 22:38 23 Jul 2005

Let me know how it works with the D70 please. I'm thinking of ordering an iPod this week partly for use with my D70.

Wirral Bagpuss 23:31 23 Jul 2005

Yes i will do when i can get hold of one!!! Dixons did not have one :( But i can get one from Jessops !!! :)

simonali 15:23 24 Jul 2005

I use the Shure e2c earphones, too. They take some getting used to as they really go a long way into your ear canal, but the sound quality is well worth it. The next model up comes in white if you still want to advertise the fact you're Appled up, but they retail over here for about £120! Get them on ebay much cheaper. e.g.

click here

simonali 15:23 24 Jul 2005

I use the Shure e2c earphones, too. They take some getting used to as they really go a long way into your ear canal, but the sound quality is well worth it. The next model up comes in white if you still want to advertise the fact you're Appled up, but they retail over here for about £120! Get them on ebay much cheaper. e.g.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts