digital TFT vs analogue.

[DELETED] 22:15 06 Sep 2003

Has anyone gone from a ordinary to a digital TFT.. was there any benefit?
Is it only for 'digital' graphics card.?

[DELETED] 23:42 06 Sep 2003

In theory, using the DVI input on a TFT monitor will give a superior display because there is no conversion of signal to be done. In practise, [Normal everyday use] you will be hard pushed to notice the difference.

If you have a graphic card and monitor and both of them support DVI, then yes, use it, But I don't think it would be worth the extra cost of buying a new card. There are no other major differences, the TFT with analogue input still sets itself up automatically and self adjust for best display. j.

powerless 02:08 07 Sep 2003

With the DVI i can up the brightness of everything by using the "Digital Vibrance" setting on the nvidias display settings. So there is one difference over the anolougue connection.

Does improve things.

[DELETED] 03:09 07 Sep 2003

Thanks Djohn & Powerless.. wonder if PCA have had an article on this?.. hardly had time to read them recently... ticking but please add experiences as and when.

[DELETED] 13:39 07 Sep 2003

I have the Nvidia card and can do the same with analogue, [I think we are talking about the same thing]. Regards. j.

[DELETED] 16:22 07 Sep 2003

A friend of mine recently bought a system with a 15" TFT. This runs at 1024 x 768 and the icons are tiny, so much so that he uses a magnifying glass to see them. I found it very difficult to see them myself and feel that if you are going down the TFT route the larger the better, 18" or even 19".

[DELETED] 19:35 07 Sep 2003

Tell your friend to alter the icon size. You can set them to any size you want.

[DELETED] 20:06 07 Sep 2003

click here all the info you could ever need

[DELETED] 20:42 07 Sep 2003

If he finds them small on a 15" TFT, then he will never find them at all on a 17" or 19", they're even smaller!

[DELETED] 20:49 07 Sep 2003

thanks The Sack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?