DELL CUSTOMER CARE

ACECHIPPER 19:33 20 Feb 2003

I HAVE JUST (3 WEEKS AGO)INVESTED IN A DELL 250 SMART PC.IT CRASHED ON ME IN THE FIRST WEEK AND CRASHED ON ME 15-20 TIMES IN ALL WHILST ON INTERNET. MESSAGES RECEIVED BACK FROM MICROSOFT ONLINE CRASH ARE: DEVICE DRIVER NEEDS INSTALLING, I NEED AN ATPI SOMETHING OR OTHER AND THEN AGAIN DEVICE DRIVER NEEDS SORTING, 5 TECHNICAL ADVISE PEOPLE, ONE TRYING TO REPAIR SYSTEM (AN EVENING IN, ON THE PHONE LASTING ON AND OFF NEARLY 4 HOURS, 2 EVENINGS IN OF PROMISES OF TECHNICIANS TO RING ME AND HAVE ANOTHER GO AT REPAIRING IT.
I CAN'T GET PAST TECHNICAL SUPPORT) WHEN I STATE " I HAVE A BRAND NEW LAP TOP THAT DOESN'T PERFORM WHAT MY KICKED TO DEATH 'TIME' COMPUTOR DID FOR 5 YEARS" THEIR REPLY IS WE CANNOT REPLACE IT WE MUST TRY & FIX IT. IF YOU BUY SOMETHING SO EXPENSIVE, SURELY ONE SHOULD HAVE TO SPEND ENDLESS HOURS OF LEISURE TIME TRYING TO FIX IT. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS? (ANYBODY)

Sir Radfordin™ 19:38 20 Feb 2003

Firstly, don't type with caps lock on its hard to read and is known as shouting.

You can reject the PC under the Sale Of Goods Act because it sounds like it is not fit for the purpose it was sold for.

To do this you need to write to Dell and send the letter by special delivery (you can then prove they got it) stating that you want the PC collected within X days (7 or 14 is good) and that you want to be refunded in full. If you do not hear from them by X date you will not contact them again but take legal advice.

Something to try, when you first turn your PC on Press F12 on the keyboard. You will then be given a series of options, one is to boot to a diagnostic mode. Do that and run all the tests (be warned it may take a while) and see if it passes or fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming