Dazzle DVC 90

alan227 19:53 25 Mar 2006

I have just brought this total piece of crap of e-buyer.
It had a glowing report on there site saying how easy it was to use, I could not get it to work and after going onto the dazzle forum it appears that those who have got it to work are in the minority.
When I pay £40 for a product I expect it to work.
Now at my own expense I have to return it for a refund, losing P & P both ways.

If you want to get your old VHS tapes to DVD do not buy this product.

SG Atlantis® 20:45 25 Mar 2006

Before you send it back, ask for help in the help forum to get it going.

hzhzhz 21:44 25 Mar 2006

Not a very good review from click here

alan227 22:12 25 Mar 2006

I did ask for help in the forum and was told to disable the sound to get it working, but I was not after silent movies.
For £49.21p, I expect it to work, not to have to jump through hoops to try to get a silent movie.

€dstowe 07:47 26 Mar 2006

I've never thought much of Dazzle products - even less now they've been taken over by another much over-hyped company - Pinnacle.

My Dazzle Hollywood converter which I had when I first started video work certainly didn't dazzle - it hardly glimmered.

bukwurm 17:16 26 Mar 2006

I run my Dazzle DVC 90 through Nerovision Express 2 and have had good results

pj123 12:26 27 Mar 2006

I may be totally wrong here but have you bought the wrong product?

Dazzle DV (I assume DV means Digital Video) VHS is analogue!

I have the Dazzle Fusion unit to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD and don't have any problems (apart from the amount of time it takes, 7 hours to get a 3 hour tape on to DVD.)

I also have a DVD recorder which is so much better and easier and also works in real time.
The snag with the DVD recorder is, mine does not have a hard disk so I can't edit.

Dazzle Fusion: click here

DVD Recorder (the one I have): click here

pj123 12:29 27 Mar 2006

PS. Should also have said I don't use the Pinnacle Software that came with the Dazzle Fusion. I use Sonic MyDVD or Ulead Moviefactory 4.

alan227 19:28 27 Mar 2006

pj123, I did not buy the wrong product, at least according to there sales blurb.

click here

Starfox 23:33 27 Mar 2006

To be honest even if you did get it to work you would be sorely dissapointed with the results.To transfer a 3 hour vhs tape to dvd via your pc will take up to 7 hours,pathetically slow.

I tried various methods of transfering tape to disc and finished up buying a separate standalone combined dvd and vhs recorder fron Comet for £150,well worth it in my opinion,these dazzle products are next to useless.Sorry to be a killjoy but that is how I found things to be.

pj123 11:22 28 Mar 2006

My apologies, alan227. I stand corrected.

I don't use my Dazzle unit anymore now. I tend to use the standalone DVD recorder which works in real time.

My next step is to swap it in for a DVD recorder with a hard disk drive, when and if the prices come down a bit more. Which they surely will, won't they?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)