Continous Ink Supply System- Got one?

jack 19:20 15 Sep 2007

In another thread- mentions was made of the above for Epson printers
I looked at them some years ago when a system for my then new R300 cost about £250 or so.
For the amount of printing I was doing then -hardly economical
In the recent thread though mention was made again and a checkup on them now they are about a tenth of that and it now makes a lot of sense.
So with a rush of blood to my flexible friend I have ordered one -its on its way.
But I guess this post should have preceded the order
If you have one tell me/us how it works out for you
How have you fixed it up in relation to the printer.
Any useful gen at all.
Thanx in anticipation

Terry Brown 21:00 15 Sep 2007

I do not have one, however I seem to remember that you must be no more than half empty on your current cartridge, otherwise it will not work. I assume that is only with black, will they work with colour/.
Terry

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:01 15 Sep 2007

I bought one for my Epson R300...£19.95 with 100ml refills. It is superb and I would never go back to cartridges. Refills are about £15 for 6x100ml and with click here you get a free set of refills and the CISS system for £33.

G

Stuartli 21:45 15 Sep 2007

I seem to recall that pj123 or similar (Edstowe?) has been using a CSS system for some considerable time.

Totally-braindead 21:52 15 Sep 2007

Yes there are a few members using them with their R200 and R300 printers and have been for some time and no one has reported any problems that I have seen.

erkmatrix 08:53 16 Sep 2007

Yeah I'm going to get one of these for my R1800 , the way that things gets through ink is scary, just turning it on and a 5th of a cartridge seems to go.

I've seen two I'm considering one for £69.99 from click here. the ink refills are then only £7.95 for 100ml or £44.95 for a set 800ml

the other one is from click here and its £79.99 and the brand is fotospeed and they are £9.99 for 100ml refill

Certainly works out better , so as I do a lot of printing going to get one, heard good things from people who have bought of ebay sellers selling these things.

jack 09:22 16 Sep 2007

Thank you for these chaps
If you can pass any tips on how you placed the system in relation to the printer , say or any other installation info that may be an improvement or adaptation of the original instructions - I will be grateful

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:14 16 Sep 2007

I just put mine on the RHS of the printer pushed against it. You will need a few inches space.

G

Tazfan 12:11 16 Sep 2007

I have an Epson R360. Once the supplied ink ran out, I substituted a CISS. I have not looked back. Its a joy. The ink is excellent, and I can see at a glance how much ink I have and so know when I need to top up. I have been using it for a few months now, and despite lots of use, I am yet to top any of the bottles up.
The bottles I stuck to the right side of the printer using self adhesive Velcro pads, and ran the piping up and over. I had to make a slight modification to the lid that covers the cartridge holder so the piping passed through, but it was easy to do.
I have not regretted getting a CISS, and I have sold the idea to many people.

€dstowe 14:37 16 Sep 2007

I've been using CISS on my home Epsons for ages (I don't remember mentioning on here, though).

I wouldn't use anything else now. Best ever accessory for a printer.

Joe R 15:52 16 Sep 2007

Just ordered for my R220, from the link supplied from GANDALF <|:-)>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?