Consumer rights, Can I get my money back on a PC?

elliot52 12:38 24 Mar 2003

Hi

I have purchased a PC system.

6 weeks old and if went wrong, sent back for repair, sent back to me damaged in transit, case very damaged, PC had taken a big knock.

Expressed my concerns over reliability etc and asked for warrenty to be re-newed, request ignored

DVD and CD drives run with much noise, asked twice about this still ignored

PC has been sent to wrong delivery address twice and they sent me someone elses PC!

Now the CDR does not copy, 2 out of 3 disc skip, wont run etc

What rights have I got for a full re-fund?

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Marcus

Joe McG 14:08 24 Mar 2003

send a registered letter to the head office, stating that as the goods you bought are unfit for the purposes required, you are returning the pc, and expect to be refunded the full purchase price.

If that doesn't work,if you paid by credit card, then your credit card company may be able to help. As a last resort contact trading standards for their advice.

bfoc 16:21 24 Mar 2003

Also if you paid on a finance scheme of any sort enlist the help of the finance company.

Be polite but firm. In essence you are entitled to what you have paid for, a fully working reliable machine.

You have given them ample opportunity to fulfil their side of the contract and since they have been unable to do so you require a full refund.

They may well suggest another attempt to put matters right, only agree to this if it is coupled with a written agreement that if this effort fails then you get an immediate full refund.

Best of luck!

nik69 21:24 24 Mar 2003

Hi elliot52,
i want to purchase a new pc, so i don't get the same probs as you, where did you buy it from????

Andsome 11:38 25 Mar 2003

Don't stand for any nonsense. Don't bother with any more telephone calls. Keep everything in writing and keep copies. Give a firm date by which you expect your refund, and state that you will go to the small claims court without recource to any further correspndence.

Andsome 11:38 25 Mar 2003

Don't stand for any nonsense. Don't bother with any more telephone calls. Keep everything in writing and keep copies. Give a firm date by which you expect your refund, and state that you will go to the small claims court without recource to any further correspondence.

Andsome 11:56 25 Mar 2003

Sorry about the double post. When the error page comes up, if I try to go back to the webpage, I loose the posting, but if I click post again, you get it twice. It appears to happen with a lot of the postings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?