Choice of Laptop Decision Help

Demora 11:28 08 Mar 2010

My Elonex webbook has died a death and I've looked at two other smaller laptops, both very similar specs.

click here

click here

There is only £50 difference. Toshiba laptops I know and Asus Motherboards I know.

Just need opinions really as to which to buy.

Forum Editor 19:27 08 Mar 2010

click here

It's a personal thing, but if I was going to choose between the two I would go for the Toshiba - I love their laptops, and have never had one let me down yet. As I said, it's a personal thing, and there's nothing particularly wrong with the Asus as far as I can see from the review.

john bunyan 19:56 08 Mar 2010

My local computer shop says that when it comes to repairs he finds Toshiba and Asus are the easiest / likeliest to be repairable and are well made. I am also thinking os the Toshiba for my wife.

Demora 22:31 08 Mar 2010

Thanks FE and john bunyan.

What really threw me was the specs were so much the same. I've had 2 Toshiba's in the past and both are still working. (my daughters have them now).

I've also had 3 Asus Motherboards in my desktop pcs and found them really excellent.

I think I'll probably end up with the Toshiba.

Thanks again

Demora 08:43 16 Mar 2010

Although I resolved this posting, I thought I should just update it by saying 'I went for the Asus '

I didn't care for the Toshiba cosmetically and the Asus is Dual core so A faster Machine.

In the 16 hours I've owned it I'm quite happy with my decision.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Gmail : comment annuler l’envoi d’un e-mail ?