Changing energy suppliers

CurlyWhirly 21:14 22 Sep 2004

This is the FIRST post that I have sent that isn't related to computers but as my query involves the use of websites it may just escape the Forum Editor's deletion!
I am with British Gas and I have just been informed that my gas prices are AGAIN rising, can anyone suggest a few websites that I can look at to compare energy companies pricing?
I am intending to switch suppliers as enough is enough!
CW

spuds 22:10 22 Sep 2004

Try these click here= click here

CurlyWhirly 22:13 22 Sep 2004

Thanks.
CW

TOPCAT® 16:53 23 Sep 2004

on these energy price increases. More suppliers are set to increase their prices, so a move right now could mean changeover problems with some supplier. It's been known to happen in the past.

Martin Lewis at click here is worth checking out for up-to-date news on saving money. He also warns against moving utilities right now. TC.

CurlyWhirly 13:43 24 Sep 2004

I am going to change from British Gas but the tricky part is deciding who to change to!

Europa 14:04 25 Sep 2004

I am changing my gas from British Gas, and later on I will be changing my electricity too, mainly because I've encounter some problems with them for my electricity and they as well seems to lead on price rises too. Maybe if I didn't encounter such problems, I would have never thought of moving and as such missed a saving of about 35% for my gas. My guess is even if the supplier I'm going to is rising its prices, it will still be cheaper than British Gas. I have been using Energylinx for the changeover and have received an email saying that my application is being processed and I will be contacted within the next 10 t0 14 days. It seems quite straightforward so far.

I am changing my gas from British Gas, and later on I will be changing my electricity too, mainly because I've encounter some problems with them for my electricity and they as well seems to lead on price rises too. Maybe if I didn't encounter such problems, I would have never thought of moving and as such missed a saving of about 35% for my gas. My guess is even if the supplier I'm going to is rising its prices, it will still be cheaper than British Gas. I have been using Energylinx for the changeover and have received an email saying that my application is being processed and I will be contacted within the next 10 t0 14 days. It seems quite straightforward so far.

Europa 14:09 25 Sep 2004

Sorry, I'm on a slow dial up and I must have thought my connection was going to a standstill again I probably click a few times. Sorry.

CurlyWhirly 16:49 25 Sep 2004

No problem!
I know how slow dial-up can be!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)