Centre Speaker Stand

iqs 15:44 21 Jul 2014

Hi, Im looking to purchase a cheap-ish centre speaker stand.Can you recommend an on-line company please. Thank you

wee eddie 19:11 21 Jul 2014

When you say 'Centre Speaker Stand', do you mean a Stand to put a Sub-Woofer on?

If so, not to worry, Sub-woofers are designed to be placed on the floor, even behind a sofa, rather than their sound having a direct line to the ear. Low wavelength sounds are not noticeably impeded by such items or absorbed by the human body.

iqs 11:34 22 Jul 2014

Hi, I have tried Amazon,no luck.I always buy from Richer Sounds ,but they only sell standard speaker stands.Thanks

The stand is for the centre speaker of a 5.1 set up. Currently its on the floor.Ideally it should be level with the tweeters in the front speakers.

Thanks

wee eddie 12:05 22 Jul 2014

So it all comes down to the ideal positioning of a Sub Woofer. The floor is the right place for it.

Otherwise, think laterally and buy a Bird Table

iqs 14:57 22 Jul 2014

From what I have read,the centre speaker should not be placed behind the TV?,only on top or in-front? Thanks

iqs 19:01 22 Jul 2014

Him Sorry should of stated its for a home cinema set up. I have the Mission MXC1 . I have mission stands for the 4 surround speakers ,just can locate a cheap-ish centre. I will have a look at the company in your link . Thank you

A bird cage lol

iqs 19:02 22 Jul 2014

Sorry ,typos Bird stand :-)

iqs 20:36 29 Jul 2014

sorry for the late reply ,thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch