Can't Decide Between 2 PCs

Launch 18:00 10 Feb 2010

A few months ago I posted here looking for help with getting a new PC. click here . Eventually I settled on:

click here with Windows 7 and
click here instead of the included graphics card. It came to a total of £550.

I haven't had enough money to buy it yet, and today my Dad came across this:
click here , which costs £419 if we don't get Norton on it.

I'd like to know if I should save up for a while longer and get the PC I was originally going to get, or if the second one is equal enough in terms of power. I would mainly use the PC for gaming, on games like Team Fortress 2, not high graphics ones like Crysis.

GaT7 18:54 10 Feb 2010

The Advent appears OK, except for the weak graphics. So I would install a GT240 / HD4670 as mentioned in the other thread for ~£55 - purchase links with free delivery (if you choose it at checkout): click here / click here respectively. The GT240 will have a slight edge.

For ~£475 in total that's not too bad at all.

Btw, where does it say that it's £419 w/o Norton?

Another similar PC to consider is this Dell Inspiron 570 for the same price click here & 2-year warranty. Again get a separate graphics card as above.

The CPUs of the two PCs compared - if you'd like to have a look click here. G

Launch 20:34 10 Feb 2010

The £419 was actually in the PC World store near here. Thanks for the other links, but my dad would prefer to get something locally or wait a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?