Canon i850, i950 Printers

Bayleaf 16:00 02 Jun 2003

Anyone out there got an i850 or i950, how good are they? would appreciate any comments.

wee eddie 18:02 02 Jun 2003

as a replacement for a 6yo Canon 620 which goes to the daughter of a staff member.

I am not in a position to comment on the cost of ink as I cost in the use of Canon cartridges when making a buying decision. Although Viking are offering own brand @ £3.99 for black and £3.49 for each of the coloured cartridges.

Almost silent. Speed brilliant. I have not tried a photo yet but I had to scan some art-work and got a result that was almost indistinguishable from the original.

Bayleaf 20:40 05 Jun 2003

Bebee,wee eddie,Spencus - Many thanks for your comments and links, very helpful and much appreciated. Sounds as good as I thought although I am a bit worried about the running costs!

wee eddie 20:55 05 Jun 2003

I don't think you'll find many printers cheaper than the i850 to run

Bayleaf 20:37 06 Jun 2003

wee eddie - Thanks again, I was really thinking about the i950 because I am not sure about the ability of the i850 to reproduce realistic skin tones because of the lack of six colours.

KARINA - Thanks for the info will have a look at the i320. I have sent a photo to Canon, just a word of caution on using compatible ink cartrigdes, the reason I am looking for a new printer is according to Epson - damage to the print heads caused by non genuine ink, and if used in the first year you loose your warranty. Although I know many who use them, I have decided once bitten twice shy!

Bayleaf 22:04 23 Jun 2003

Newuser1241 - Thanks very much for your review, glad you're happy with your i850. I have recently received a trial photo from Canon printed on the i850 and was impressed, the only criticism, if you could call it that, was a paleness of skin tone compared to the original printed on the Epson 790 but probably would not have noticed if I had not got the original. The i850 seemes to be an excellent printer when you consider it has only four colours and seperate cartridges which help keep running costs down.

ronney - Thanks will wait with anticipation.

Karina - Hi again I ticked as resolved because I thought everyone had finished with this thread, as you will have realised from the comments above I have still not decided!, but in no hurry and with the help of Newuser and ronney it won't be long, thanks again.

wee eddie 14:01 25 Jun 2003

Try this crowd for compatible cartridges and paper

click here

Bayleaf 21:51 30 Oct 2003

The i850 bought from pc world for ?99.99
EXCELLENT!,Thanks to all who posted to this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Yotam Ottolenghi's latest cookbook is a design feast for the eyes

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs