BUYERS BEWARE!

really angry 20:14 05 May 2003

BUYERS BEWARE!
I ORDERED A COMPUTER FROM OMNI DATA SYSTEMS OF SWANSEA IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR,AFTER SEEING AN ADVERT IN MICRO MART,
I CANCELLED THE ORDER 7 DAYS LATER, BECAUSE THEY HAD NO PROCESSORS IN STOCK ,AND THEY COULD NOT MAKE THEIR
DELIVERY TIME AND THAT IT WOULD BE 2-3 WEEKS LATER THAN THEY QUOTED IN THEIR ADVERT,AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS AND RECORDED LETTERS FROM MYSELF AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY WE ARE STILL WAITING TO BE REIMBURSED FINANCIALLY, I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN AS THEIR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND FOCUS IS NIL.

rins36 22:31 05 May 2003

Contact your local Trading Standards Office!

Have u kept copies of the letters sent along with the recorded delivery slips?

Trading Standards are worth contacting

rins36 22:32 05 May 2003

Also contact Micro Mart to see wht they have to say

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:42 05 May 2003

Now I know why solicitors earn so much money.

G

mole44 11:09 06 May 2003

really angry upper case is rude its shouting,i know your upset,but people get offended

seeker019 17:19 06 May 2003

To save customer service, WHY did'nt they visit a local computer store and by new processers to keep their good name in tact (ignore the cost, the customer comes first).

jeez 18:39 06 May 2003

calm down, this type of service is trully dispicable, but your protected by the fact you purchased on credit card, even though t may take a little time your cc company has a legal obligation to indemnify you against this type of fraud. And if not, well, 50 quid in a small claims court should put it right (and recover your costs in full!) And you don't even have to pay a lawer you can bring the case yourself.

jeez 18:40 06 May 2003

lawyer even!

Forum Editor 19:39 06 May 2003

and you've made it in caps - next time try lower case, it's calmer and far easier to read.

Try not to stay "really angry" for too long, it will detract from your ability to act rationally in this matter.

1. Did you cancel your order in writing?

2. If you used your credit card you should be asking your card provider to reimburse you - let them have the worry of getting the money back from the supplier - have you done this?

3. If the answer to 1. is yes, and the answer to 2. is no, have you written to the supplier, telling them that you are about to take legal action to recover your money, and if they don't refund it within 7 days you will do so without further reference to them?

4. You say you have made "numerous phone calls", has the company promised to repay you in the course of these calls? If they have, and you still haven't received payment you should be seeing a message emerging - perhaps they have no intention of paying you.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that this is the case, but it's a possibility. Even more reason then, to let the card provider shoulder the burden, and my first action would be to ask them to do just that, and refund the money to your card account - then you can forget the whole thing.

mole44 20:06 06 May 2003

good advice moderator

really angry 11:34 08 May 2003

Many thanks for the legal advice on what to do about this company, I am sorry that I used uppercase I did not realise that there was any kind of ettiquette that governed this as it was not my intention to offend anyone,but to bring to light this companies dubious trading methods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?