BT "FREE" caller display.

Arnie 19:01 19 Mar 2006

This may save some of you some hard earned cash.

click here

Forum Editor 00:16 20 Mar 2006

I'm one of the people who have continued to pay for caller display, without realising that I needed to re-register to get the free service.

Arnie 00:52 20 Mar 2006

"Well we all have our own opinions of Jeremy Clarkson???"

I don't see the connection with the above quote and the possibility of saving some money.

My pleasure FE. I am sure you are not by yourself.

namtas 09:52 20 Mar 2006

And for real savings:- Retaining my existing line and going to a another provider I not only eliminated the above cost but effectively eliminated the monthly line rental charge also.

Stuartli 10:59 20 Mar 2006

>>but effectively eliminated the monthly line rental charge also.>>

If you have retained your existing line (if it is a BT line) you will still have to pay line rental to BT.

namtas 09:37 23 Mar 2006

"If you have retained your existing line (if it is a BT line) you will still have to pay line rental to BT."

I pay nothing direct to BT for line rental, I use the existing BT line, but have no account with BT.

Talk talk combined charges for me equates to saving of the monthly line charge.

As I said effectively eliminated the monthly line rental charge.

Stuartli 10:35 21 Apr 2006

>>As I said effectively eliminated the monthly line rental charge.>>

TalkTalk pays it on your behalf to BT - TT pays less to BT than you do so makes a slight profit.

You have not eliminated the monthly line rental charge.

I'm with One.Tel at the moment (soon to be with TalkTalk) which is now owned by Carphone Warehouse.

I could pay my line rental to One.Tel instead of BT and save £1.01 a month, but I preferred to retain this payment with BT as I felt I would get quicker service if, by any chance, I had problems with my phone line.

namtas 11:10 21 Apr 2006

Stuartli
"but I preferred to retain this payment with BT as I felt I would get quicker service if, by any chance, I had problems with my phone line" Valid point and one that I did consider.

On the subject of savings with talk talk, I am not bothered really that talk talk pays the line rental to BT on my behalf as long as long as I dont have to pay it.

My total monthly telephone bill now with talk Talk for the same service and the same approx amount of calls is £15.27 less that it was when I was paying the BT monthly service charge.
It therefore doesnt really matter which way you twist the figures I have £15.27 each month less to pay with Talk Talk

Zaphod 3 20:54 22 Apr 2006

This is the part of BT's website that you want.

click here+

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs