boardband connection

£$£$£$ 13:15 14 May 2004

ive just had my bt line switched on and im now lloking for a boardband package but which one.
some offer free modem and connecttion but if you buy a modem and then get a package the line rental and the packages often seem better value.
which is best?
If you get given a modem is it yours or your isp's?.
im looking for either 512kb or a 1mb connection depending on price.
also when yoube subsribed to a service will most isp's trottle your connection during peroids of high usage?

any recommendations on services gratefully recieved?.
cheers.

simonp1 13:29 14 May 2004

I use Zen and would never leave them..so good cant say anymore..but pipex seem to offer some very good deals to..

This web site compares all the ISP'S so do a little search and it will show you all the offers and how good that ISP is

click here

anchor 13:48 14 May 2004

Been with Pipex now for just over 2 years; fully satisfied, costs £23.44/month unlimited.

Free modem and free setup too. Details here;

click here

MidgetMan 15:00 14 May 2004

been with freeserve (now wannodoo) for well over a year, now probs with logging on, speed always good, and as a added bonus they have managed not to bill me for the last 13 months straight despite me keep telling them!!!!! cannot beat that on price!!

MidgetMan 15:00 14 May 2004

sorry should NO PROBS LOGGING ON

iashem 17:08 14 May 2004

try click here i have been with them for a year and have had no problems, they are offering some good deals including a package starting at £14.99

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?