On board graphics card supporting Portrait View

daemo 03:11 24 Nov 2005

Hi,
I'm looking for an on board graphics card that supports a portrait view, is there anything on the market like this now? a motherboard which supports nvrotate? I'm prefereably looking for a micro-ATX motherboard

Thanks in advance,

Stuartli 16:10 24 Nov 2005

ForceWare drivers are backward compatible - like all nVidia drivers - and can be used from TNT2 cards onwards.

A first class guide to using nVidia drivers can be found at:

click here

PaulB2005 16:14 24 Nov 2005

Just me and daemo.

---

Sorry but i had tried to explain about NVRotate but you persisted with the "i just use software X to rotate pictures" path which is totally off-course.

DieSse 18:00 24 Nov 2005

and me ;-))

I presumed daemo has a swivel monitor, and wants to use it in portrait mode - hence the need to rotate the screen image to suit.

daemo 03:01 25 Nov 2005

tnx PaulB2005 and DieSse for clearing myself, come on guys, would I bother to look/search for a motherboard just to rotate a photo 90 degrees? lol..
I want it for a screen to be permanently in portrait view, it's for a kiosk project...
also, I dont think TNT2 supports NVrotate, it's a bit old.. the reason why I'm looking for a motherboard with an on-board graphics card supporting NVrotate is to minimize the cost, but it seems that nForce boards are a bit more expensive as well, a decision to make... =\

Stuartli 09:26 25 Nov 2005

May I respectfully suggest you read your original thread again..:-)

>>, I dont think TNT2 supports NVrotate, it's a bit old.>>

Quote from the nVidia drivers web pages:

"ForceWare software supports the entire line of TNT2™ processors, the GeForce™ consumer line of GPUs, the NVIDIA nForce™ platform processors, the NVIDIA Quadro® line of professional GPUs, as well as the full line of NVIDIA mobile processors."

daemo 02:20 26 Nov 2005

wow that's good news for me, I got a tnt2 right here!

Stuartli 08:53 26 Nov 2005

See my posting of 16:10 on Thursday...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts