Blu-Ray ?

rivington 15:42 16 Aug 2008

Anyone got any comments on when Blu-Ray will be the general standard ? Do I buy equipment ie: DVD player/recorder, Computer etc. now with or without Blu-Ray or Does one wait until the prices come down a little. I would expect the usage of DVD's and Computer would be safe for a number of years. Any comment please.

version8 16:19 16 Aug 2008

The standard will always move every decade or so as technology gets even better.
First it was CD's, then DVD's & now Blu-Ray.
Blu-Ray players are expensive at the moment, but as it comes more mainstream then the prices for a player will fall over the next few years.

The best place to buy one would be click here

€dstowe 10:46 17 Aug 2008

I remember when even a basic DVD player was approaching £500. You can now get then for £30 and less.

I don't know what price Blu Ray players are at present but considering what happened with their predecessors, I'm hanging on before buying.

Joe R 10:54 17 Aug 2008

Lots of dvd players will upscale normal dvd's to high definition, and will probably be a better bet just now.

rivington 11:19 17 Aug 2008

I thank you all for your comments. I think that I will buy without Blu-Ray and when due to buy again in say 4 to 5 years prices may have come down a little. Thank you again for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?